Thursday, August 28, 2014

Let's Take a Selfie

#kerriegurney 

Hi it's Kerrie and it's my day on the Couture Creations Blog today
My daughter Taylah is queen of the selfies and when her little second cousin Willow came to visit what does she but teach little Willow how to take selfies ...this one was my favourite




 To start off I created some masks using the Moulin Rouge Ornamental Lace Die and Acetate


To die cut acetate I highly recommend using the Metal Adapter Plate


I die cut 3 x Moulin Rouge in acetate and cut one in half


I then placed all the masks on a piece of white cardstock
and sprayed with a shimmery mist.


remove the masks and you are left with a lovely background


I  used the NEW Couture Creations  Craft Mat under my work 


and as you can see the mist beads on the mat, I wiped it clean using a piece of paper towel. It is so easy to clean up after yourself with one of these mats. They are also heat resistant so great when working with a heat tool too.



I embossed the patterned paper to add some texture to my page, I just love this Retro Flower Embossing Folder




I also ran a metal frame through the embossing folder


and then sanded it back to reveal the silver metal



 I die cut 1 x Chandeliers border die from green patterned paper and 1 x Simplicity border die from silver Glittersilk cardstock, this i cut in half and only used a portion of it tucked under my photo mat.


I die cut 2 x Aurora Vine from Silver Glittersilk  cardstock and cut them in half using the top halves tucked in under the main flowers. Sprinkle a few pearls


I die cut 1 x Splendour ornamental lace die from white cardstock and cut it in half and tucked it under my photo


Other Products Used
Core'dinations Foundations Cardstock, White
Core'dinations Glittersilk Cardstock, Silver
Imaginisce Patterned Papers
Maya Road Trim and Fabric Flowers
Paper Flowers
Making Memories Metal Frame
Selfie Chipboard (unknown)
Lindy's Stamp Gang Mist
Acetate

Don't forget to visit the Couture Creations Blog for more inspiring projects from the Couture Creations Design Team and also you can follow Couture Creations on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest

 Happy Creating 




No comments: