Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Dream Mixed Media Burlap Canvas | Little Birdie Crafts

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts 

Hi Everyone Kerrie back with another mixed media project for Little Birdie Crafts

I had so much fun creating this 8"x 8" mixed media burlap canvas, I love all the textures  and layers I created on this canvas and seriously you cannot muck it up as you can just gesso over it all and start again if you don't like how your colours come out, see below for my tutorial and step by step photos


I started off by giving the whole burlap canvas a random coating of Gesso 


I didn't wait a perfect coverage as I wanted a rustic look


Next I randomly applied Crackle Paste using Chevron stencil, again nothing was done perfectly


next using gel medium I cut three paper straws in half and adhered them, the Succulents  and a chipboard scroll border to my canvas


I  heat set the gel medium and then painted over everything with Gesso, I also added some paper flowers, mixed media stones, sisal fibre and leaves that I created using the Sculpture Paste (I had these already made up and in my stash, see my post here to see how to create your own you can use Sculpture Paste in all your silicone molds) I dried everything off with my heat tool



Next I coloured my canvas using a combination of  Gold Rush Ocean Mist and Lemon Zing Color Splash sprays. I started with Gold Rush, next adding Ocean Mist then Lemon Zing and then another spray of Gold Rush. I added some splatters,  I then dried it all using my heat tool


I then dry brushed Gesso over my cluster and then resprayed my canvas giving more depth to my colour. I am so in love with the Gold Rush spray the colour is gorgeous


A closer look at how the crackle paste dries, how gorgeous is all that texture


look at the colours on the chipboard



I finished off my piece with a sprinkling of Metal Microbeads applying using Gel Medium and a small paintbrush






Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team


 Happy Creating 




No comments: