Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Always in my Heart, Altered Mixed Media Metal Frame | Little Birdie Crafts

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

Hi everyone Kerrie here with another design team post for Little Birdie Crafts.
For my 2nd post I created an altered frame using lots of Little Birdie Crafts mixed media product and of course their gorgeous flowers.
My hubby and I celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary on the 1st April I wanted to create something that I could have on display in our home with our wedding photo. I have gone for a shabby chic look and used the turquoise and cream colour palette as it goes with our decor.



Here is my tutorial I how I created this decor piece.



Firstly I gave the whole piece two coats of Gesso to cover up the colour that the frame was, with this piece the backing piece easily comes off making painting it a breeze.


I used the Sculpture Paste to create some scroll flourishes to add to my frame. This stuff is awesome you just use a palette knife to smooth the sculpture paste into the silicone molds and leave overnight to dry. You can make yourself a stash of these so that you have them on hand for your projects



I then used Heavy Gel Medium to glue the flourishes onto my frame, this is so good for using as adhesive as once it dries your pieces are stuck on for good



next I painted over the flourishes with Gesso and then painted the whole piece Snow Chalk Paint using



I then painted the whole frame with Tattered Lace Chalk Paint, once dry I added a thick coat of  One Step Crackle Medium 


I then mixed Sailing Sky and Tattered Lace Chalk Paints together to give a softer shade of turquoise for my piece.



as you can see this Crackle Medium is awesome, check those cracks and this started crackling almost instantly as I painted on the turquoise chalk paint



I love the effect it has especially on the sculpture paste flourishes


I then added some texture using the Threadbare Net Stencil with Grainy Texture Paste


I then decorated my frame using the Burlap Doilies, Corrugated Card, Ribbon, Sisal Fibre and a mix of Flowers.
Tip; I dry brushed Tattered Lace Chalk Paint over the Burlap Doily to give a more muted colour and more texture.


I finished off by rubbing on Rich Gold Metallic Wax to add highlights to my frame


With my Chipboard Title I painted over the Primed Chipboard with left over turquoise chalk paint and then lightly went over it with Tattered Lace Chalk Paint, I then rubbed on some Rich Gold Metallic Wax to add highlights to my title.




Little Birdie Crafts products are available from your local papercrafting store.
If you are a papercrafting store and would like to stock Little Birdie Crafts visit their website for an application






Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team




 Happy Creating 




No comments: