Friday, March 27, 2020

Altered Dress Form | Little Birdie Crafts

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

Hi Everyone, Kerrie here wishing you all the very best in these uncertain times, as I write this I hope you are all safe and healthy.
While we are living our lives in limbo trying to stay safe I am again thankful to have my craft to keep me busy and distracted from the news.
Today I have upcyled a dress form that I have had stashed away in a box for years waiting to the right time to do something with it and I have to say I am pretty happy with it.
It has gone from drab to fab thanks to Little Birdie and their fabulous collections of mixed media mediums and all their gorgeous handmade flowers.



Here is a quick tutorial for you all on how you to can create something like this using something you have laying around your home

Step one was to cover the whole dress form with a good coating of Gesso


I then painted the dress form with Snow Chalk Paint


I then painted on a good thick coat of Crackle Medium and left it to dry over night
I then painted on Pink Ballet Chalk Paint and then working quickly swiped on Bubble Gum Chalk Paint giving a graduated look to the paint instead of a solid colour.
You do need to do this quickly as the Crackle Paint starts crackling quickly and you don't want to loose your crackle effect 
I again left it over night to dry


I then tore a piece of patterned cardstock from the Celebrate Life collection, I cut the bottom following the pennant swags and then I sprayed the pice with water quite liberally and then gave it a scrunch and pleated it  leaving it to to dry overnight


I created some leaves using Rose Blush Sculpture Paste leaving to dry overnight


I spritzed these chipboard berries with Hot Pink Color Splash,  I tapped off some of the colour with paper towel so the colour wasn't as vivid  and left to dry overnight with all my other pieces 


With everything dry and ready I grabbed all my packets of flowers, Lace Ribbon, Chipboard, Sculpture Leaves, Sisal Fibre and glued everything on using Heavy Gel Medium.
Gel Medium is great for attaching embellishments onto things as it gives you time to move things around if you aren't happy and once dry everything is glued firmly in place.


I also used Heavy Gel Medium applied randomly over my flowers, chipboard, Sculpture Paste Leaves  using a skewer and then sprinkled with Raspberry Lips Shimmer Modge Podge and Silver Micro Beads


To finish off i applied Silver Glitz Metallic Wax to add a bit of pop to  the details on the fress form

Here are some close up photos of my completed Dress Form







Check the crackle, I absolutely love Little Birdie's Crackle Medium you seriously cannot much it up




Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team
You can purchase all Little Birdie Crafts products from your local crafting store or online HERE

 Happy Creating 




No comments: