Monday, March 25, 2019

Butterfly Garden, Four Layouts in Two Hours | Couture Creations

#kerriegurney #couturecreationsau


Hi everyone, Kerrie here sharing with you how you can create 4 layouts in 2 hours!!! Yes you read correctly
  How I did I do this you may ask, here is how,
I created 4 unique backgrounds using using Couture Creations Mix & Match Pigment Powders, Gesso, Texture Paste, a Stencil and some Glitter.
I then created my layouts using just 4 sheets of  Couture Creations Butterfly Garden patterned paper and the ephemera pack along with a sprinkling of pearls and a smidge of gold foil
Super quick and simple but so pretty and what makes these layouts even better is you are getting pages done and in your albums without alot of expense or time

I have no step by step photos as I was just getting in and creating but I have explained how I created each of the backgrounds under each layout.


I created this background using pink and purple pigment powders mixed with white gesso, I them added a dollop of each colour alternating them along the top of my cardstock, then using a lift off tool or an old store/credit card scrap the dots down the sheet of cardstock to create this background.
I add some splatters after completing my layout.



To create this background I randomly applied texture paste using a stencil  and then while the texture paste was still wet I sprinkled on some glitter. I then add some splatters using pink pigment spray, simply spray pigment onto craft mat and using a paintbrush flick some splatters on, or if you don't have a paintbrush handy just can just open up your spray and use the tube inside the spray bottle.



My background for this layout was created by simply randomly placing a stencil down on my cardstock and lightly spraying with purple pigment spray, move the stencil around to cover where you want to create a lovely soft background




 This background I used the pigment powders as sprays and applied to my background using the plastic packaging from my ephemera pack to create a watercoloured background.
Simply spray your pigments onto your craft mat one colour at a time and then pop your hand inside the plastic bag and randomly tap onto your cardstock.
If you want to control your background a little more you can prime your cardstock with gesso
I ran 6mm doublesided tape along the top and bottom of my center piece of patterned paper and the applied gold foil to the tape. This is a great technique for using up your foil scraps.




Couture Creations Butterfly Garden and all the products used on my layouts are available from your local papercrafting store or your favourite online store



 Happy Creating 



No comments: