Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Cruise Buddies Layout | Little Birdie Crafts

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

Hi Everyone, Kerrie back for Little Birdie Crafts  with another layout using the Woodland Stories collection This time I have gone for a striking black accent to my layout.



I created this layout for a class I taught recently in South Africa here is a quick tutorial

to create my textured background I used black mixed media paste and applied it to a torn piece of black cardstock


to create black texture paste mix Black Gesso with Mixed Media Paste


you want it a nice thick consisity



randomly apply the black texture paste using dot stencil


Once dry I highlighted the stencil detail by rubbing on Rich Gold Metallic Wax  using my finger.


To add some dimension to my layers I painted the edges with black gesso




to create this cluster I used four pennant pieces from the Embellishment pack along with a flower cluster from the pack and a handmade flower


to add texture and richness to the handmade flowers I rubbed on some Rich Gold Metallic Wax to the petals


Products Used
Little Birdie Crafts Woodland Stories 12x12 Paper Pack
Little Birdie Crafts Woodland Stories, Embellishments
Little Birdie Crafts Woodland Stories, Handmade Flowers, Elvina
Little Birdie Crafts Woodland Stories, Handmade Flowers, Heleen
Little Birdie Crafts Woodland Stories, Handmade Flowers, Wendy
Little Birdie Crafts Mixed Media Paste
Little Birdie Crafts, Stencil, Dotty
Little Birdie Crafts, Black Gesso
Little Birdie Crafts, Metallic Wax, Rich Gold


 Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team


 Happy Creating 





No comments: