Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Happy 50th Birthday Shabby Chic Card | Little Birdie Crafts


Hi Everyone Kerrie here back with a special card created using gorgeous Little Birdie Crafts products.
I have had a few special milestone birthdays in the last couple of months and here is the card i created for a special friend to celebrate her turning the BIG 50
I love how this card turned out, soft and feminine with a touch of shabby chicness


I love for my card to have layers of subtle texture and this is where stencils and pastes are the best. You can add texture and subtle detail to enhance your projects.


apply mixed media paste randomly using stencil



while the texture paste is still wet, sprinkle on Shimmer Hodge Podge


to colour wood veneers and chipboard, mix some Chalk Paint in with Crackle Texture Paste, i used the Whipped Seafoam as I wanted just a touch of green
I like using Crackle Paste on my embellishments as it adds another subtle layer to my projects
Little Birdie Crafts Chipboard is primed so you don't need to add a base coat


I cut a tag from coordinating patterned paper and layered it onto white cardstock. I fussy cut some flower clusters and the Happy Birthday from the cut up patterned paper piece.
Once everything was dry I embellished using handmade flowers and butterflies, first i placed a layer of messy cotton thread to layer everything onto again adding subtle texture.



 a closer look at the texture created using texture and crackle pastes




Watercolour Floral Ballet Linen Paper Pack
Chalk Paint , Whipped Seafoam
Shimmer Hodge Podge, Strawberry Lips
Stencil, Floral Mesh
Chipboard, Scroll Border 
Handmade Flowers
Crackle Paste
Mixed Media Paste


Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team


 Happy Creating 


 Happy Creating 

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts


No comments: