Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Enjoy Beautiful Moments Layout | Little Birdie Crafts



Hi Everyone Kerrie here back with another layout I created for Little Birdie Crafts using their Songs of the Sea 6x6 Paper Pad along with some of their mixed media products and of course their gorgeous handmade flowers.



I was going back through mt stash of photos and came across this photo of my baby girl and our fur babies that I hadn't gotten around to scrapbooking. I love this photo and even more so now as our beautiful cat Toby has passed away. I love the memories that this photo brings me as our dog Cadbury was petrified of Toby and the fact that they were sitting on the chair with T is so so special. This is what I love so much about our craft it is not just giving you a creative outlet it is documenting those cherished memories so that you can look back and remember all the emotions from when the picture was taken.
This is why we must print our our photos, don't just leave them on your camera,phone or in the cloud. Print them so that you al can look back on them and remember to cherished moments.

Ok enough waffling onto my tutorial 


for my background I wanted to create a watercoloured background using a stencil. For this technique you colour the stencil, spritz with water.
I used a combination of Sailing Sky Chalk Paint and Ocean Mist Color Splash Spray, first up I painted the stencil with the chalk paint, then spritzed with water and then spritz on the color spray


I then tapped the stencil to my white cardstock base, you can add more colour and repeat if you want to but try and tap randomly so the pattern isn't perfect. Set aside to dry or dry off with heat tool.


I then painted my chipboard title using a wet paint brush with the chalk paint, then flick on some color splash spray and using the wet paint brush dab over the title, this give a mottled effect. Set aside to dry



I then created layers and a tag using papers from Songs of the Sea 6x6 paper pad and layered then using foam tape. When adhering the paper piece that I used as a photo mount i made sure to only adhere the top and bottom so that my tag could slide in and out as this is where I will write my journaling


I then layered everything on and embellished using some diecuts, chipboard leaves, handmade flowers and butterflies. I popped some sisal fibre under my clusters to add texture
I added some sparkle by adding some Gel Medium randomly into my clusters and swiping it along the Sisal Fibre , I use a tooth pick to do this as you don't want to be too heavy handed.
I then sprinkled on Blue Hawaii Dazzle Cocktail bling


see how the bling sticks to the sisal fibre


to finish off my layout i covered my photo and added some splatters, firstly I splattered with watered down Gesso and then I added some color splash spray to the gesso and added some blue splatters








Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team
You can purchase all Little Birdie Crafts products from your local crafting store or online HERE

 Happy Creating 





#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

No comments: