Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Macrame Rope Rainbow | Mary Maker Studio

#kerriegurney #roperainbow #fibreart

last month I bought some XXL Rope from Brydie at  Mary Maker Studio to create my own rope rainbow as I kept seeing them on my instagram feed and loved them
Mary Maker Studio is an aussie small business which I love to support so the fact that Brydie came up with this XXL Rope perfect for creating rainbows is awesome. 
TIP you need to be quick to order from Brydie when her stock comes in as it sells out FAST!!!

so here is my Rope Rainbow!!!
 It will hang proudly in my bedroom I love the mix of Mustard, Navy, Gold and Cream which matches my bedlinen perfectly 



lots of winding to create rope rainbows and then brushing the fringe tails when you are finished. I was going to trim all my ends to be perfect but I like how there were and so just trimmed a little. I need to brush my ends a bit more but again I like the messy look of the ends. 


I decided to add some pom poms to my rainbow which I love 


as you can see I didn't cover my XXL rope perfectly as I wanted some of the mustard rope to peek through and can I just say how gorgeous is that gold string!!! It is also from Brydie at  Mary Maker Studio. The wool and gold fleck macrame rope  I have used is from my stash.


I then got hooked on creating pom poms so I just kept winding now I have a stash to use on something else 


Brydie has a fabulous FREE tutorial on her blog on how to create these Rope Rainbows including how much rope, string and fibres you will need , make sure you read through to the end as there is a discount code which I missed seeing until I actually started making my Rope Rainbow!


 Happy Creating 



1 comment:

Trish Myers said...

Love your rainbow, very on trend at the moment <3