Saturday, February 13, 2016

Hanging Valentine Heart | Couture Creations Ultimate Crafts

#kerriegurney #couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts

Hi Everyone Kerrie here wishing you all a
Happy Valentine's weekend
I hope you all have a weekend filled with those you love
We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day in our family, but for me Valentine's Day is more an excuse to change up my home decor as I love to decorate.

So for my Valentine's display I created this super cute hanging heat created using a mini heart shaped flan pan and the gorgeous Ultimate Crafts Magnolia Lane collection of papers and embellishments.
This was a super quick project to create and I have used the ephemera pack, cabochons, resin and paper flowers and no diecutting at all!






First up I spray painted the mini flan pans, I sprayed all three so they are ready for future projects.


next I traced around the flan pan onto a piece of cardboard box and cut around approx 1cm wider


then adhere cardboard heart onto a piece of patterned paper


cut the heart out and  then sand the edges to not only to clean off the edges but to give a distressed look


Next up trace around flan pan again this time cutting inside the trace line


Distress the edge using non stick scissors and adhere to inside of flan pan.
Give the larger  base heart a bit more distressing using your scissors
(sorry for the blurry photo, but you get what I mean)


cut out L O V E from the typography paper in the 6x6 paper pad and distress the edges and pop some foam tape on the back to raise the letter up


pop on all your embellishments,
you will notice my flan pan paint job has chips in it this is because the wind blew them around the driveway, but I didn't respray them as I like the distressed look 


Use 2 layers of doublesided tape onto the back of the flan pan to adhere onto base heart. If you don't use string pearls wrapped around your heart you can just use one layer


Finish off with some glitter glue




 Happy Creating 


No comments: