Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Beautiful Layout | Couture Creations Ultimate Crafts

#kerriegurney #couturecreationsaus #ultimatecrafts

Hi Everyone
I am back with another layout I created using the oh so gorgeous Ultimate Crafts Magnolia Lane collection for Couture Creations Blog
This collection is just so pretty for my layout this time I have kept my accents monochromatic as I love this mint shade of green


I have used the ULT157488 Rosehip Memories patterned paper as my base


I cut a 5cm x 30cm strip of ULT200020 Charming Cardstock and embossed it using the ULT 157271 Petite & Tied Together Embossing Folder


All Couture Creations and Ultimate Craft Embossing Folders have the slit in the top so that you can emboss a full strip.
*Tip; always pop the dead space over the edge of your embossing plates so as not to get a flat spot in your pattern


I then poured on some Cottontail Pearl Drops (take the lid off so you can squeeze out alot)


then using an old store or credit card smear it along the whole strip, set aside to dry
This creates a gorgeous pearlescent look to the embossed strip 


Next using the Embossing Mat I embossed one of the ULT157527 Magnolia Borders
Using the same sandwich as you do when using an embossing folder and make sure your cutting blades are facing into the Embossing Mat, so that they emboss not cut.


I ran the die through twice 


see how it embosses instead of cutting, I love how you can change a die from cutting to embossing using the Embossing Mat, it make your dies so much more versatile


 I die cut 2 x ULT157520 Waterfall Frame and cut one in the middle vertically and one horizontally



Next up layer on the embossed pieces using foam tape to give them some dimension



I adhered all the die cut pieces to the back of my photo, I also used a scrap of cardboard to give my photo extra dimension.
I have adhered it to my page using the Turbo Glue Pen, this glue pen is perfect for adhering things that a fiddly and that you need the extra strength glue. We don't want it all falling off.

 I then embellished around the photo using ULT157508 Paper Magnolias and some other smaller paper flowers and of course a sprinkling of pearls


I die cut CO724243 Life is Beautiful from Charming Cardstock and cut the Life is part off


I love the soft fresh look this page has the papers suit the photo of my baby perfectly




 Happy Creating 
Kerrie


No comments: