Friday, December 30, 2016

Walk with Lions | Couture Creations

#kerriegurney #couturecreationsaus

Hi Everyone Kerrie here,
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas day with those you love.

 I created this layout for
Artdeco Creations Blog
using
Couture Creations Wild & Free Collection
I love this collection it is perfect for my photos from my trip to South Africa but it is also perfect for any outdoorsy photos or zoo photos

The gorgeous subject in my photos is Ben he is 13 months old and was very playful, he even gave Dennis and I a love nip on the leg and he was gorgeous.
Check the size of those paws!!!


To say this was an amazing day is an understatement and it is a day I will cherish forever, just looking at my photos from the day takes me back and I relive all those feeling I felt on the day.
This is what I love about scrapbooking, everytime I create a layout I step back and relive all those emotions from the moment the photo was taken
Anyway onto my layout and how I created it

Firstly I embossed my kraft strips using the Tribal Crosshatch embossing folder



to emboss a full strip you just slide the strip through the slot and match up the pattern


the tip to get the perfect embossed strip is to make sure the blank strip of the embossing folder is hanging out of the plates so you don't get a flat section


see how my embossing folder is hanging out from the plates


perfect embossed strips


next up using a sponge dauber and a brown ink dye ink pad i inked the edges of my strips and then lightly went over them to make the embossed pattern pop



here is a look at my layers before popping on my photos and embellishments. I have used a mix of Wild & Free patterned paper and strips from the Wild & Free Ephemera pack and 3 die cuts that I cut in black cardstock using one of the Ultimate Crafts Ooh La La Ornate Entrance Set dies
I also added some spatters using Couture Creations Anna Griffin Brown Pigment mixed with water. I did this before adding my photos and embellishments


here is a closer look at the layers with photos


a close look at my embellishment clusters which were created using the Wild & free Ephemera pack and the sticker sheet from the Wild & Free Collection pack.
I have used foam tape behind some of the pieces to give the cluster some dimension.


again it is a quick and simple layout which is just what you need when creating layouts for a travel album especially if you have loads of photos to scrapbook.
I like my travel albums to be fairly flat so my albums don't become to bulky.

Thanks for stopping by
Don't forget to follow the Artdeco Creations Blog and also follow Couture Creations|Ultimate Crafts on
FacebookPinterestInstagram and Twitter


If you haven't already BOOK NOW for Creative Inspiration Live 2nd Event
the first event sold out in just 48 hours this is going to be an amazing 2 day event
 Happy Creating 



No comments: