Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Loads of Love Layout | Little Birdie Crafts

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

Hi Everyone, it's Kerrie back again for Little Birdie Crafts.

I have created my layout using Little Birdie Crafts Fairy Sparkle Patterned Paper and matching flowers along with some primed chipboard, chalk paint, gesso and sprinkles


Fairy Sparkle is a gorgeous collection and so very versatile, with gorgeous papers and die cut doilies along with journaling cards and a fussy cutting sheet.


to create my background I cut down the wood panel patterned paper sheet to 11.5"x11.5: and then using my craft knife and a ruler cut down the groove lines, leaving the top and bottom uncut so as to keep the sheet together. I then adhered it to my base sheet of white cardstock and then using my fingernail distressed the edges. I created a faux stitched border using my tracing wheel tool and ruler.


I then tore two strips a corrugated board and dry brushed Gesso onto them


I fussy cut loads of flower clusters to use from the scattered flower sheet and the sheet with the fairy on the swing and one of the journaling cards.  As you can see I cut way more than I needed these are the ones I didn't use but I now have them ready to use on another layout or a card.


I then tore two pieces of patterned paper one  from the scattered butterfly patterned paper piece and the other is the piece with the fairy on the swing left over from my fussy cutting
I popped out two doilies to use in my layers


I adhered a double layer of lace trim to the center of my layers and then added a layer of muslin and Sisal fibres. I added the flower trim to the center of lace trim to hide the join line.


I then mixed up some Lavender Blush Chalk Paint with Gesso to lighten it and then painted all my Primed Chipboard pieces


One the chipboard pieces were dry I sanded them back slightly to give a weather rustic look
I then adhered all my chipboard pieces, flowers and sprinkles on using Gel Medium
To create layers I tucked some flower clusters in between my layers and also used foam tape on some layers.






Lastly i added some splatters using Hot Pink Colour Splash








Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team


 Happy Creating 



No comments: