Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Celebrate Mother's Day Layout | Little Birdie Crafts

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

Hi Everyone it's Kerrie here and I am so excited to bring you another project I  created for Little Birdie Crafts Blog.
This time I have used their newest release Aqua Medley
This is such a gorgeous collection with so many fun elements making it so very versatile for all papercrafters.


I started by tearing two sheets of patterned paper from the Aqua Medley 12x12 paper pack to add to my base, I also cut a piece of patterned paper for my photo mat and journaling tag. I distressed all the edges to add some texture
Once I was happy with the placement of my papers, I popped them to the side


and applied Shimmer Cloud Sparkle Paste using Net and Feather Stencils I set aside to dry
(you can dry off using your heat tool if you are in a hurry)


I cut the Chipboard leaf flourish and sprigs from the frame


I then foiled the Chipboard pieces including my title piece, Little Birdie Crafts Chipboard foils beautifully and foil adds a lovely touch to your chipboard when you want to add some shine.
TIP:If you don't have foil just use a Color Splash spray or a paint, you can add some shimmer to your sprays and paints by adding some pigment powder.


I adhered my patterned paper, next I added some Sisal Fibre before adhering my photo mat and  photo.
Sisal Fibre gives a lovely soft texture to your layout, you can colour it with your sprays if you want to change the colour. I use it on most of my projects.
I  then arranged my flowers, chipboard and embellishments  to compliment my photo. Glue them on using Gel Medium so they stay securely in place.

Below are some close ups of my clusters



I finished off by adding some Twinkle Melange and Dazzle Cocktail bling, for this is just used a wooden skewer to apply Gel Medium and then sprinkled them on


 TIP: I trimmed around the embellishment pieces as I used white cardstock and they have a cream edge to them, don't let the edges of the embellishments stop you using them on your projects as all you have to do is trim the edges off






Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team


 Happy Creating 





No comments: