Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Make a Wish Layout | Little Birdie Crafts


Hi Everyone Kerrie here back with another project using the gorgeous Little Birdie Crafts products.
 I have again used the NEW release Amor Mio collection this collection is so perfect for creating neutral looking projects with its soft gold and silver tones

I create a simple layout that you can recreate so easily, it is simple but filled with soft textures to give your layout body without taking away from your photos.


Unfortunately my Mother in Law is awful when it comes to getting of good photo of her, she always looks away from the camera and so it is very rare to get a photo of her looking down the the lens. I placed the photo I did manage to get of her to the back so I could crop out the person standing next to her so I know it makes the focus photo make you look to the right but hey life doesn't always give your picture perfect moments and as it was her 80th Birthday I wanted to scrap both photos as this is her and this is real life.
(My Mum is the same, the older generation didn't grow up with cameras being so readily available so they are not comfortable in front of the camera unlike the younger generation especially my youngest daughter)


I started off by adhering a piece of Muslin to my base using Gel Medium. I only adhered it through the centre where my layers would cover it and slightly on the edges to hold the pinched sides in place


I then cut some pieces of the patterned papers for my layers and adhered them to the base
I layered some Sisal Fibre under my flower cluster to give more texture to the cluster


I coloured my Primed Chipboard Title using Rich Gold Metallic Wax


To add my splatters I mixed White Gesso with Tattered Lace Chalk Paint and spritzed with water to make it easy to splatter and then covered my photos and splattered away, you can do this as little or or much as you like


here are some close ups so that you can see the texture and details





Little Birdie Crafts Products Used
Amor Mio Collection Pack
Amor Mio
Amor Mio Elvina Flowers
Amor Mio Heleen Flowers
Amor Mio Marina Flowers
Gel Medium
White Gesso
Tattered Lace Chalk Paint
Sisal Fibre
Muslin


 Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team


 Happy Creating 


 Happy Creating 



#kerriegurney  #littlebirdiecrafts

No comments: