Monday, April 27, 2020

Magical Layout | Little Birdie Crafts

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

Hi Everyone, I am back today with a fun, quick tutorial for you using Little Birdie Crafts fabulous products. I absolutely love that everything Little Birdie creates is designed to mix and match together.

For my layout today I created a fun bright watercolour effect background using Color Splash Sprays to use as the base of my page. I used the Boho Dreams collection. I love love love the combo of hot pink and orange so was excited to finally use this collection and this photo of my baby sister and I at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary just a few years ago
(yes sadly that is me with the boy hair cut, my parents must not have like me very much back then!}

 While I have added layers and texture to this layout I have kept it quite flat so that I can fit more layouts into my album

Anyway onto my tutorial



start off by spritzing the cello bag that your paper pack comes in with Hot Pink Color Splash then spritz some water and to lighten the colour


place a sheet of cardstock down and smooth over to spread the colour, dry off with heat tool or let dry naturally


Grab a cello packaging bag from chipboard or flowers, spray onto the bag Lemon Zing Color Spray and then tap randomly onto base page


The Hot Pink and Lemon Zing Color Splash Sprays create orange where they overlap to give you the three colours, remember for this technique  you don't want perfection your want a random watercolour effect


next up spray lightly chipboard elements with Hot Pink Colour Splash, you don't want complete coverage


then add some Lemon Zing Color Spray to the chipboard and set aside to dry


While your Chipboard and Base page dry pull out your elements and journal cards pages and cut out the Journal card with Life is Magical and fussy cut some flower clusters.
TIP; you don't need to cut off elements you don't want to use like the unicorn head as you will tuck them under your layers


once everything is dry you can create your layers onto your base page. I have used foam tape on all my fussy cut pieces to add dimension without going too bulky. 
Adhere Chipboard frame to Magical journal card
I added Sisal Fibre under my layers to add texture along with Handmade Flowers


A closer look at my clusters




I finished off with some splatters using watered down white Gesso and a Splatter Brush



Little Birdie Products Used
Boho Dreams 12x12 Paper Collection
Gesso, White
Color Splash Spray, Hot Pink
Colour Splash Spray, Lemon Zing
Beaded Blooms, Vivid Palette
Pearl Petites, Vivid Palette
Chipboard, Wildflower Gallery
Chipboard, Scroll Frame



Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team
You can purchase all Little Birdie Crafts products from your local crafting store or online HERE

 Happy Creating 





No comments: