Saturday, April 11, 2020

Precious Moments | Little Birdie Crafts

#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

Hi Everyone, Kerrie here with a layout I created for Little Birdie Crafts using their Beautiful Life  Patterned Cardstock Collection
I have used a photo of my eldest daughter taken when she was just 6 months old, she will be 27 next week so I thought is was a nice time to scrap this photo. This photo has always been a favourite of mine as she is wearing a dress that was her dad's from when he was a baby. My Hubby is one of  5 boys and obviously his Mum wanted a girl and dressed him in dresses :)
It is a very treasured dress which I will pass down to my children. I only wish I had taken of photo of them all in it.



Using the plastic bag the patterned cardstock came in slap on some Misty Rose Chalk Paint and then spritz with water and smoosh around


Then lay your cardstock straight on and smooth over, lift off gently


 You will end of with a chalky watercolour effect. Dry off with heat tool 


Cut the border from this sheet of patterned cardstock and cut down your 



Colour Chipboard Sentiment using a layer of Misty Rose, while still wet apply a coat of Tattered Lace and then again while still wet another coat of Misty Rose and set aside to dry


Fussy cut some flower clusters from the fussy cut sheet, cut some tags, doilies and journal blocks to embellish your layout and don't forget to add some handmade flowers.
I added some sparkle using Strawberry Lips Hodge Podge and Gel Medium


I applied some Gel Medium using a skewer to the top of my Chipboard Title and then sprinkled on the Strawberry Lips Hodge Podge


I added some White Gesso to flowers and leaves using a combination of dry brushing and applying with a skewer


I popped some Sisal Fibre under my clusters to add texture


I finished off with with some splatters, I create these using watered down White Gesso and a Fan Paint Brush




Little Birdie Products Used
Gesso, White
Heavy Gel Medium
 Chalk Paste, Tattered Lace 
 Chalk Paint, Pink Ballet
Chalk Paint, Misty Rose 
Shimmer Hodge Podge, Strawberry Lips
Handmade Flowers, Eva Celebrate
Handmade Flowers, Amica Celebrate
Handmade Flowers, Deborah Celebrate
Handmade Flowers, Gianna Celebrate
Chipboard Sentiment, Memorable Moments 
Cardstock Pack, Celebrate Life




Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team
You can purchase all Little Birdie Crafts products from your local crafting store or online HERE

 Happy Creating 





No comments: