Friday, July 24, 2020

Flat Mail Mini Album | Little Birdie Crafts


Hi Everyone Kerrie back with another tutorial for Little Birdie Crafts  
I have been inspired by so many flat mail/happy mail projects I have seen on instagram and thought I would create a mini album that I could pop some embellishments in to send out as a RAK to someone. 
I created my mini album base using one sheet of 12x12 patterned cardstock from Little Birdie's Shabby Chic Bouquet collection


  
as you will see this is a flat mini except for the flower on the front which to flatten down you can remove the pearl centre and add a flat pearl or a bling centre





to start I scored at 4" from the bottom of base cardstock


then to create the min album page folds I scored at 1/8" on either side of 4" and 8" this gives the mini album base some depth for adding embellsihments


cut out the sections on bottom as this will fold up to create pockets


before sticking down your pockets add some patterned cardstock to all three sections of your album


embellish from of pockets with doily pop outs and journaling card, I have also added a border with black fine pen to add some definition to my layers, I also inked the edges again to give the illusion of depth to the layers


I cut three tags from patterned cardstock again doing a lined border and inking


to create the front embellishment, I added a paper clip so that the flower cluster embellishment can be removed and added to the recipients project  


I left the pearl center in the flower but as I said earlier you can remove it and add a flat pearl or a flat diamonte 


I added journaling cards, burlap doilies and fussy cut pieces adhered to paperclips to slip into each pocket. I also removed the little pearl centers of these mini flowers and replaced them with mini flat pearls 


you can change out the embellishments and add photos or your could add messages and give this mini as a special card




I finished off with some watered down gesso splatters

Little Birdie Products Used



Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team
You can purchase all Little Birdie Crafts products from your local crafting store or online HERE

 Happy Creating 




#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts

No comments: