Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Birthday Shaker Card | Little Birdie Crafts

Hi Everyone, Kerrie here with another project for Little Birdie Crafts

Many years ago I was queen of shaker cards and I am so happy to see that they are once again popular as I do love a shaker card.
For my card today I have used Little Birdie's Boho Dreams collection as those who follow me know i love this colour combo and this collection 

first up I cut two pieces of patterned paper to use as my base layers, I then applied mixed media paste using stencil to add some texture 
while the paste was still wet i sprinkled on Silver Stars Twinkle Melange and set aside to dry
 I then watercoloured the circle frame and the flowers, once dry i pulled the frame part and created a window by adding some acetate to the back of the watercoloured frame. I also adhered a doily to the base I popped the base onto a paper doily to give another layer to my shaker 

I then double layered foam tape around the circle opening to give my shaker mix room to shake 
for my shaker mix I used a combination of Little Birdie blings 
next up I rubbed Silver Metallic Wax over the texture paste to add dimension and to take the whiteness from the paste
Once I had layered on my fussy cut pieces , flowers and sentiment I then applied some Gel Medium randomly to my cluster and sprinkled on some Micro Beads and Rainbow Sparkle and then finished off with some spatteres of watered down gesso 
a closer look at all the layers and texture






Little Birdie Crafts Products Used



Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial,
please if you don't already follow Little Birdie Crafts on FacebookInstagram and of course their Blog 
 for fabulous tutorials from all the Design Team
You can purchase all Little Birdie Crafts products from your local crafting store or online HERE

 Happy Creating 





#kerriegurney #littlebirdiecrafts 

No comments: